Golestan Palace is the most beautiful and masterpiece of Iran History. It is a collection of monuments located on the square of Tehran‘s Arg. The buildings of this palace are built at different times.
The name is taken from the Golestan Hall at the external mansion. The Golestan Palace was listed on the 37th Annual Meeting of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee in Cambodia, Phnom Penh.
This is the one amazing of Iran Tourism Attractions and the sixteenth Iranian work on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Golestan Palace was a space of historical royal citadel.
Nasser Najmi writes in the book “Tehran in the time of the Naserieh ” that it was called Golestan due to the location of the building and its enclosure in a large garden surrounded by gardens and streets that were long and full of plantain trees and cedar trees.
Under the command of Shah Tahmasb Safavid, castles and walls were stretched across Tehran for one farsang( 6240 Meters). After this, Shah Abbas II, built the building in the northern part of the fence, four gardens and Chenarestan.
Later the wall was built around it and then built the royal mansion inside it.
With the advent of the Qajar dynasty, the Golestan Palace became the residence of the Qajar kings. Mozafar al-Din Shah Qajar coronated the Golestan Palace in the “windproof building”.
With the abolition of the Qajar Dynasty by Reza Shah, the Golestan Palace was undergoing fundamental changes.
Reza Shah crowned in the “Avon of the Marble Tank,” but moved to Sa’adabad.
During the reign of Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, Shah’s residence and office was transferred to Niavaran, and Golestan’s collection was dedicated to the museum and partly to the reception room of foreign guests.
In the solar year 1345, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s coronation ceremony was held at the Holi Hall of Golestan Palace.
Monuments in Golestan Palace:
Shams al-Amara is one of the historical monuments of Iran History in Tehran. It is related to the Qajar period and one of the most significant buildings in the Golestan Palace and the most prominent building of the eastern side of the Golestan Palace.
Its construction lasted from 1244 to 1246, which called the date of its foundation (1284 AH) as the “Palace of the Shahinshah”.
The reason of the distinction of this structure or building is, its height, its decorations and its design.
This is the most significant building of the Golestan Palace and the most prestigious building of the eastern side of the complex which every tourist should visit it during his or her Traveling to Iran.
It seems that “Nassereddin Shah”, before traveling to Europe and seeing the images of European buildings, tends to create a high-rise building, like them in Tehran’s capital, so that from above it can watch with the courtiers the city’s view and the surrounding landscape.
Shams al-Amareh has five floors and 35 meters high, which was at the time of construction of the tallest building of that period in Tehran.
It was the first building to use metal in its structure. All columns of the upper floors and Protections are made of cast iron.
Before building the National Garden, this building was known as a symbol of the city of Tehran and Iran Tour.
Marble Throne Porch
The marble throne porch is the monument of “Agha Mohammad Khan” Qajar era and its coronation was held at this place.
It is said that some of the parts of this section, which are the buildings of the Zandieh era one part of Iran History, are older than the rest of the Golestan Palace.
Avant-lagoon Marble bed was the seat of” Fath Ali Shah Qajar “and most of its orders have been issued from this place.
In 1221 AH, he ordered the famous stone master of Isfahan to build a flat Yazd yellow marble that would always remain in the middle of the porch.
This throne consists of 65 large and small marble pieces designed by “Mirza Baba Shirazi “painter and master Mohammad Ebrahim Isfahani, led by sculpting.
Ivory or table house
This hall was renamed at the time of Nasir al-Din Shah in its view for the last time and was assigned to the place where the kings of foreign kings were kept. Later in the twelfth year of the Reza Shah Pahlavi reign, this hall became a place for foreign guests.
A watercolor painting drawn by “Mahmood Khan Malik al-Shoara” is located in Golestan Palace, which shows the exterior of the ivory or tablecloth before reconstruction.
This hall is located on the northern side of the Golestan Palace and is directly under the supervision of “Naser-al-Din Shah” Qajar.
When “Nasir al-Din Shah” returned from Europe in 1290 AH, he decided to build a museum similar to the European museums in the citadel. That’s why the mansion destroyed the citadel and then built a new Golestan palace on the northwest side and next to the ivory tower.
The Mirror Hall, and Museum Room are among these buildings and are made up by Haj Abu’l-Hassan Memar Baghashi, renowned as “Seni’Al-Molk”.
This hall was used during the reign of Pahlavi for official ceremonies and the coronation of Mohammad Reza Shah was held at this venue now it is one of Iran Attractions for all.