It is necessary for you to have travel insurance for traveling to Iran; firstly, that’s because you cannot get your Iran Visa from the Iran embassy in your country or the visa office at the airport without having a valid travel insurance, and secondly, having a legitimate travel insurance will protect you against unexpected events and also maintain good memories of your travel.
If you are a travel enthusiast, you already have travel insurance. However, most of the well-known insurers do not cover Iran due to the political tensions and sanctions. Thus, if you want to use your existing travel insurance, make sure that it covers “Iran”. If you cannot find Iran in their list, no wonder. Based on the travelers’ review, IATI and True Traveler are the international insurance companies that cover Iran. However, please consider that we do not have any responsibility for using or buying insurance from these two companies.
In order to get another travel insurance, you can have it in advance or you can buy it from the Iran Embassy in your country or visa office at the airport when you arrive in the country. Please consider that by providing the insurance in advance, you will probably pay less and you will not be bothered in the queues. Another problem with the Insurance provided at the airport is that you can’t find any details about the conditions and coverage of the insurance.
Charhengam Tour & Travel Agency, like most of the experienced tour operators, has chosen Saman Insurance, which has gained the trust of tourists in recent years. You need to just send us a request. In less than 48 hours a scanned copy of the insurance letter will be sent to you, which can be submitted to the Embassy or visa office of the airport for issuing the visa. If you have any problems or become ill while traveling, simply call the helpline number listed on your insurance policy, and you will be immediately assisted to go to the nearest medical center, and your medical treatment costs will be covered under the terms of your insurance policy.
Saman insurance for Iran will cover:
- Medical expenses and hospitalization (including Covid-19), except for chronic diseases that occurred before the policy was purchased. Coverage up to 10000 €
- Transport or repatriation in case of illness or accident. coverage: Full
- Emergency dental care. Coverage up to 100 €.
- Emergency return home following the death of a close family member or serious illness. Coverage: full.
- Transport or repatriation in case of illness or accident. Coverage: full.
- Repatriation of mortal remains. Coverage: full.
- Legal Assistance. Coverage: up to 250 €.
- Repatriation of a family member traveling with the insured. Coverage: full.
- Loss of passport, driving license, national identity card abroad. Coverage: 200 €